St. Patrick’s Alumni International (SPAI) is an organisation of ex-students of St. Patrick’s School, Asansol. It is the largest formal body of ex-students of the school, with over 1,500 registered members, largely based in India. Most new graduates of the school join each year. SPAI plans to register a majority of living alumni. It is representative of SPS alumni demographics, with membership and leadership drawn from all regions where alumni live. We provide an avenue for those who wish to join hands to see SPS achieve even greater heights and support the school's drive to innovate.
Mission and Vision
Its ongoing mission is to enhance the reputation and social impact of SPS and its alumni. The vision, or long-term hope, is to see the school become better than any other school in social impact and reputation.
While a couple of chapters predate SPAI, it was independently started in 2001 as an alumni body that would not be focused on a city. An organisation more representative of the alumni diaspora in India and overseas was needed to tap into the enormous goodwill of all alumni. It was founded by an alumnus to preserve the heritage of SPS, represent the hopes of SPS alumni and support the school’s efforts to innovate. It is supported by alumni with experience in mature alumni bodies, including the global alumni boards of IIT Kanpur and IIT Kharagpur. It was registered as a society in Delhi in 2006. Alumni boards were selected in 2007 and 2010. The most recent one has 35 Alumni Council leaders with era and region representation, and a five-member Executive Council. As it matures, its structure will streamline and evolve. The volunteer leaders have worked with several Christian Brothers, the SPS staff and the Principal, a Patron of SPAI. Those interested in helping should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connected hundreds of long-lost friends through its online communities and get-togethers
- Initiated three alumni Reunions on campus
- Helped introduce broadband use at SPS in 2005
- Promotes life skills, communication and leadership skills, such as at the SPAI Olympiad in 2010
- Honours teachers for dedicated and distinguished service
- Recognises all-round student excellence through the Sword of Nobility and Nobilitas Awards, whose recipients are chosen by a joint SPS & SPAI panel
- Has started to photograph and digitise old documents and photos as well as interview people of SPS to record its history and preserve its heritage
- Has begun to help underprivileged children learn economically critical skills to bring them out of poverty.
Unity & Affiliation
We want to help find and unify all our alumni and coordinate on a world-class platform. Official SPAI-affiliated representatives, chapters and groups are listed on this website.