At CareerConnect we offer a unique service to get your resume critiqued.
We would all not hesitate acknowledge the importance of resume writing and the difficulty it presents. The challenge is to create a job winning resume. Your resume is like a marketing document. It needs to stand out to position yourself as uniquely qualified for the intended position you are applying.
Following are some the tips that one should keep in mind:
- Keep your resume short.
- Don’t ever dump a resume. It is important that you apply concurrently for several jobs while job hunting. However, it is equally important to map your experience.
- Pay close attention to the job requirements and consider re-ordering your resume to be sure the elements of the job description are contained in your resume and are easily seen. You don’t want to bury an important element at the bottom of a two page resume. The requirements that are labeled within the description as “not required but preferred” need to stand out because those elements are likely to put you ahead of the competition.
- A lot of job seekers feel they need to communicate their soft-skills to the employer to make them appear unique. There is nothing further from the truth. Soft-skills are claimed by nearly all job candidates and are so common that hiring managers pay no attention to them.
- Quantify skills and achievements.
- Keep your references in a separate document. Provide them only on request.
Your resume speaks for you before you get an opportunity to make a case for yourself. We are offering this resume critiquing service in our efforts to provide SPAI members a tool for growth in their career. We will have a team of experienced professionals review the resume and offer suggestions.
Please note that this service is not for resume writing.
The only pre-qualification to avail this service is to be a SPAI member.
Please send you resume to email@example.com